We are Colonial First State Global Asset Management (ABN 39 060 482 635) ("CFSGAM"). Protecting information that we collect in the course of our business, particularly personal information, is important to us. This policy explains how we collect, use and safeguard your personal information.
About our business
We provide management and development services to owners of retail shopping centres. These services range from the day-to-day management of the centres (including the operation of centre websites and mobile applications) to redeveloping and expanding the centres.
How we collect information
We may collect information (on our own behalf and on behalf of the owners we act as agents for) about you in the following ways:
• when you provide the information directly to us. For example:
- when you register or fill in forms on our websites or mobile applications;
- when you order goods or services from us, including gift cards;
- when you register for or participate in competitions, promotions or surveys that we run;
- when you send emails, letters or other correspondence to us; or
- when you report an incident, make a complaint or provide other feedback to us;
• from publicly available sources of information; and
• when you visit and use our websites and mobile applications.
Where we collect information from you, we will generally do so ourselves. However, in some cases we may collect information through a third party, such as through contractors who provide security or other services to us.
If you choose not to provide certain information to us, then we may not be able to provide you with certain services and you may not be able to use certain parts of our websites or mobile applications or participate in competitions or promotions that we run.
Types of information we may collect
The information that we collect about you may include:
• your name, date of birth, address and other contact details;
• payment information, which may include bank account or credit card details, and other information that we need in order to provide relevant goods and services to you;
• details of your shopping preferences;
• user names, passwords and other registration details that you provide when registering to use any of our websites, mobile applications or other services;
• details of your visits to and use of our websites and mobile applications, including the different parts of the websites and applications that you access during your visits;
• where you use one of our mobile applications, information about your visits to our shopping centres collected through the mobile application. This may include information about the different areas of a centre that you have visited and your present location within a centre; and
• other information that you provide to us.
How we use and disclose the information that we collect
We (or the owners we act as agent for) may use personal information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
• to verify your identity;
• to provide goods or services, including gift cards, that you order from us, to conduct competitions or promotions for which you have registered and to otherwise perform any obligations and / or exercise any rights we have under any contracts between us;
• to meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
• where you use one of our mobile applications, to provide certain services and other functionality within the application. For example, information about your location within one of our shopping centres may be used to provide a mapping service within the application;
• to help us improve the structure, layout and usability of our websites and mobile applications and to enable you to participate in any interactive features of those websites and mobile applications;
• to help us plan, operate and manage our shopping centres;
• to answer any questions you may raise or respond to any comments you may send us;
• to carry out market analysis and research; and
• to market and promote the shopping centres that we manage, and any of the tenants of those shopping centres. We may send marketing or promotional materials to you where you subscribe to one of our newsletters or any other communication service, you request information about our services or you provide your contact details to us and request that we contact you. If you do not want to receive this type of information, please let us know by contacting us. Where you use one of our mobile applications, we may also send marketing or promotional materials to you through that mobile application. You can control the materials that you receive from us through the mobile application by changing the relevant settings within the application.
We may share personal information about you with:
• other companies in the same corporate group as us;
• owners of shopping centres for whom we provide property management or development services;
• our agents and subcontractors who provide information management or other services to us (for example, credit assessment or marketing services);
• a buyer or prospective buyer of us or our business or of the shopping centres;
• our professional advisers, such as our lawyers and accountants, where required for them to advise us;
• other persons where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation or perform any obligations and/or exercise any rights we have under any contracts between us; and
• other users of one of our mobile applications where you have chosen, through your own use of that application, to share your information with those users. You can control the information that you share through the mobile application by changing the information sharing settings within the application.
Your personal information will not necessarily be made available to all of our staff. Access to your information will be restricted to those staff who require the information for the purposes set out above.
Apart from the information mentioned above, we may also collect information about your usage of our websites by using cookie files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer.
We use this information in order to help us recognise you as a unique visitor to the websites and to store your individual preferences, so that we can customise the websites to reflect your particular interests, and also for system administration purposes.
You can accept or reject cookies by changing the relevant settings in your browser. However, if you decline cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our websites.
Storage and security of personal information
We generally store the personal information that we collect in secure electronic databases. We use a range of security processes to protect the confidentiality and security of the information that we hold.
Access and correction
You can contact any of our Shopping Centre Management Offices or our CFSGAM Head Office (Chadstone) if you would like details of your personal information that we hold about you or if you would like to correct some aspect of it.
To ensure the integrity and security of your personal information, we will only disclose such personal information if our internal procedures are satisfied. Depending on the nature of your request, we may ask you to complete a personal information request form. In certain cases we may charge you a fee for this service but we will inform you of this prior to proceeding.
Changes to this policy
If you require any further information on privacy matters, please contact us by calling us on (03) 9936 1222 or writing to us at The Privacy Officer, CFSGAM Offices, Chadstone Shopping Centre, 1348 Dandenong Road, Chadstone, Victoria, 3148.